Heredis 2014 & Heredis 2015 : How to synchronizing between a computer and a USB flash drive?https://help.heredis.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Heredis - Help Knowledge Base Heredis - Help Knowledge Base https://help.heredis.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
Heredis 2014 & Heredis 2015 : How to synchronizing between a computer and a USB flash drive?
1. You work on your genealogy on your computer at home and you have installed Heredis 2014 for Windows or Heredis 2014 for Mac. Your file contains 343 individuals and 71 media.
2. You wish to transfer your genealogy to another computer that is not present at your home.
You want to make a backup of your genealogy to be maintained up to date with all the latest changes.
In both cases, use a storage tool (USB flash drive or removable hard disk) that you plug into your computer.
- Launch Heredis on your home computer and open the file to be transferred.
- Plug in the storage device.
- Select the menu File > Synchronize or click the Sync button on the toolbar.
- Heredis then displays the list of available storage devices plugged into your computer. Select the USB flash drive or the removable hard disk.
- The lower part of the synchronization window tells you the direction proposed for file transfer. Click Send to start sending your data to the USB flash drive or the removable hard disk.
If you want to transfer your genealogy from a PC to a Mac, remember to tick the Ensure compatibility with Heredis Mac box.
- Launch Heredis 2014 on your computer.
- Plug in the storage device. Heredis informs you that a genealogy file is available on the flash drive or removable hard disk.
- Accept the transfer of the file to your second computer.
- Select the place where you wish the file to be stored.
When the synchronization is complete, Heredis opens the file. You have transferred 343 people and 71 media who are now both on both your computer and your storage device.
You have updated your genealogy on computer 2. You have entered a new individual, and modified two existing individuals and added two media. Carry out a synchronization to recover the data on computer
- Launch Heredis 2014 on computer 2 and open the file to be synchronized or carry out the synchronization at the end of your work session.
- Click the Sync button.
- Select the storage device.
Heredis will display what data has been modified. Only these data will be synchronized.
- Click Send.
Once the synchronization is complete, unplug the flash drive or removable hard disk.
- Launch Heredis 2014 on computer 1.
- Plug in the storage device.
- Open your genealogy file. Heredis informs you that a more recent version of your file exists on the USB flash drive or removable hard disk.
- Accept the recovery of modified data on computer 1.
Once the synchronization is complete, your genealogy is now exactly the same on both your computer and your storage device.
Remind yourself to synchronize with your USB flash drive or removable hard disk whenever you have made changes to your genealogy file.
Use the USB synchronization between two computers if your Wi-Fi network is down or you do not have one.