Create and Edit Sheetshttps://help.heredis.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Heredis - Help Knowledge Base Heredis - Help Knowledge Base https://help.heredis.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
Create and Edit Sheets
You can edit individual or couple sheets.
1. Choose Documents > Sheets or click the Sheets button in the toolbar.
2. Select the document type from the list on the left.
3. Select the appropriate graphic theme in the viewer
4. Click on the different tabs to choose the appropriate construction parameters for your document.
5. Click Edit.
The sheet for the primary person is displayed in your word processor. If you want to use it differently, you can export it to a particular file format by clicking Export instead of Edit.
Note: If you do not want to create sheets from the primary person but all your file, then you can choose to create sheets from Marked Persons. Thus, you will have to mark all the persons of your genealogy file to include them all. In order to mark all the persons of your file at the same time, you have to use the Smart Search and search for Persons > all persons > yes, then Search. Click the « marked » button (below the results of the search) and Declare marked.
Composing a sheet
PC Sheet’s Layout
MAC Sheet’s layout
The presentation and content options can be selected from the various tabs. Changes made to a theme are memorized for future use of the same theme.
1. Click on the Structure tab and check the information to be included in the form: different family members, photo album, etc.
2. Click the Persons tab.
• Choose the surname and given name formats. Check the boxes to add Prefix, Suffix and Nickname if you entered these fields.
• Check the boxes to include the information in the sheet: images, number, child status, signature, flags (confidential, childless …), user fields, etc.
• Children options: Include in the document the spouses of each child and whether or not they have descendants.
3. Click the Events tab to select which events to include: minor events (other than birth, death and marriage event), cross-events (events in which the person participated as a witness, for example).
• Choose the format of date and place of events. Check the Dates in Gregorian calendar box to display all dates in this calendar, regardless of the calendar in which they were entered. Choose the place style from the drop-down menu. Select which elements of the places you want to display in the document from the ones you have entered. Check the box With subdivision to give more precision to the place.
• For each event, specify witnesses, sources, and notes.
• If you selected the Biography document, check Show Missing Data to have your family complete it.
4. Click the Style tab and choose the formatting of the form: font, text size and color, specific colors for men, women and numbers, colors of the titles and title background of the document.
5. Click the Page tab and set your print options: text to include in headers and footers, paper size and orientation, and document margins. (MAC) Select the word processor with which you want to edit the document. Heredis shows you all programs that enable editing and are installed on your computer.
6. Click Edit to start the word processor.
Save a Sheet
A sheet edited in your word processor becomes an independent document from the Heredis software. This document can be saved for later reprinting or modifying. To keep the document displayed in your word processor, use the saving feature of your software. It is generally found in the File menu.
To change the name proposed by Heredis for the document, or the location of the file, choose File > Save As. These commands are generally the same in all word processors.
You will start printing from your word processor, having made changes if required.
Choose Documents > Sheets
or click on the Sheets button and make your choice from the options in the Template Chooser window. Define the information you want in the sheet (I do not use the notes) and the format of the data (I want to show the full names of the persons mentioned in the sheet).
(MAC) Select your word processor.
Click on the Edit button. You can make more changes (format, presentation) or print like any other document using a word processor.