Heredis 2014 & Heredis 2015: Synchronizing between a PC and a Machttps://help.heredis.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Heredis - Help Knowledge Base Heredis - Help Knowledge Base https://help.heredis.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
Heredis 2014 & Heredis 2015: Synchronizing between a PC and a Mac
1. You work on your genealogy on your computer at home and you have installed Heredis 2014 for Windows. Your file contains 343 individuals and 71 media.
2. You wish to synchronize your genealogy file with a Mac on which Heredis 2014 for is installed.
- Launch Heredis 2014 for Mac.
- Launch Heredis 2014 for PC and open the file to be transferred to your Mac.
- Select the menu File > Synchronize or click the Sync button on the toolbar.
- Heredis then displays the list of available devices on the Wi-Fi network on which Heredis has been launched. It will also display any USB flash drives plugged into your computer.
- Select the destination Mac. If you select a removable storage device, tick the Ensure compatibility with Heredis Mac box. If you overlook to tick this option, the synchronized file will not be opened on a Mac.
- The lower part of the synchronization window tells you the direction proposed for file transfer.
Click Send to start sending your data to the mac.
- The Mac will receive a request for confirmation. Accept sending the data so that the synchronization can be carried out.
When the synchronization is complete, the file opens on the Mac. You have transferred 343 people and 71 media, which are now both on your PC and your Mac.
You have added to your genealogy on your device. You have recorded three new individuals, amended two existing individuals and added two media. Do a synchronization to recover the data on your PC.
- Launch Heredis on the Mac but do not open the file.
- Launch Heredis on the PC and open the genealogy file to be updated.
- Click the Sync button.
- Select the Mac from the list of available devices, and then click Receive.
- Launch Heredis on your PC but do not open the file.
- Launch Heredis on your Mac and open the file to be transferred.
- Click the Sync button.
- Select the PC from the list of available devices, and then click Send.
Heredis will identify what information has been modified and will only transmit this.
If you do not have a Wi-Fi network or if it is not working, you may synchronize with a storage tool (USB flash drive or removable hard disk) that you may connect to your two computers successively to Send and Receive data.
When you transfer data from your Mac to the PC, you do not need to tick the compatibility box.
Heredis Blue Suite for PC will automatically recognize the Mac file.