Heredis 2014 & 2015: Synchronizing between 2 PCshttps://help.heredis.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Heredis - Help Knowledge Base Heredis - Help Knowledge Base https://help.heredis.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
Heredis 2014 & 2015: Synchronizing between 2 PCs
1. You work on your genealogy on your computer at home and you have installed Heredis 2014 for Windows. Your file contains 343 individuals and 71 media.
2. You have a laptop that you take with you when you travel. You have also installed Heredis 2014 for Windows on this computer because your Heredis licence permits this.
- Launch Heredis on your laptop.
- Launch Heredis on your home computer and open the file to be transferred to your laptop.
- Select the menu File > Synchronize or click the Sync button on the toolbar.
- Heredis then displays the list of available devices on the Wi-Fi network on which Heredis has been launched. It will also display any USB flash drives plugged into your computer.
- Select the destination device.
- The lower part of the synchronization window tells you the direction proposed for file transfer.
Click Send to start sending your data and your media to your laptop.
- Your laptop receives a request for confirmation. You must accept dispatch of data so that the synchronization can be effected.
When the synchronization is complete, the file opens on your laptop. You have transferred 343 people and 71 media, which are now both on your home computer and your laptop.
You have added to your genealogy on your laptop. You have recorded three new individuals, and amended two existing individuals and added two media. Do a synchronization to recover the data on your home computer.
- Launch Heredis on your laptop but do not open the genealogy file.
- Launch Heredis on your home computer and open the file to be updated.
- Click the Sync button.
- Select the laptop from the displayed list of connected devices and then click Receive.
• Launch Heredis on your home computer but do not open the genealogy file.
• Launch Heredis on your laptop and open the file to be transferred.
• Click the Sync button.
• Select the home computer from the displayed list of connected devices and then click Send.
Heredis will identify what information has been modified and will only transmit this.
If you do not have a Wi-Fi network or if it is not working, you may synchronize with a storage tool (USB flash drive or removable hard disk) that you may connect to your two computers successively to Send and Receive data.