Heredis 2014: How to synchronize a Heredis file with iOS?https://help.heredis.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Heredis - Help Knowledge Base Heredis - Help Knowledge Base https://help.heredis.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
Heredis 2014: How to synchronize a Heredis file with iOS?
Synchronize between a computer and an iPhone/iPad
- You work on your genealogy on your computer at home and you have installed Heredis 2014 for Mac or Heredis 2014 for Windows. Your file contains 343 individuals and 71 media.
- You have an iOS device (iPhone, iPad or iPod touch), which you use when you travel. You have installed Heredis on your device by download of the FREE App from the AppStore.
- Launch the Heredis App on your device.
- Launch Heredis 2014 on your computer and open the file to be transferred to your device.
- Select the menu File > Synchronize or click the Sync button on the toolbar.
- Heredis then displays the list of available devices on the Wi-Fi network on which Heredis has been launched. It will also display any USB flash drives plugged into your computer.
Important: if your device does not appear, check that the Wi-Fi is activated on your device by selecting Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Select the destination device.
- The lower part of the synchronization window tells you the direction proposed for file transfer.
Click Send to start sending your data and your media to your device.
- Your device receives a request for confirmation. Accept sending the data so that the synchronization can be carried out.
When the synchronization is complete, the file appears on the home page of your device. You have
transferred 343 people and 71 media, which are now both on your home computer and your device.
You have added to your genealogy on your device. You have recorded three new individuals, amended two existing individuals and added two media. Do a synchronization to recover the data on your home computer.
- Launch Heredis on your device, but do not open the file.
- Launch Heredis on your home computer and open the file to be updated.
- Click the Sync button.
- Select the device from the list of available devices, and then click Receive.
- Launch Heredis on your home computer but do not open the genealogy file.
- Launch Heredis on your device and open the file to be transferred.
- Click the Tools button on the bottom toolbar. Tap on Sync and select the computer from the list of available devices.
- Tap Send File.
Heredis will identify what information has been modified and will only transmit this.
If you do not have a Wi-Fi network or if it is not working, use iTunes to transfer the file between the computer and the device. Refer to the Heredis Help section to find out how to transfer via iTunes.