Export Heredis datahttps://help.heredis.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Heredis - Help Knowledge Base Heredis - Help Knowledge Base https://help.heredis.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
Export Heredis data
You export your data to exchange them.
To share with other users of the Blue Suite or to create branch files for your own use, use the Heredis export. If they are using an older version of Heredis, use the GEDCOM format.
1. Choose File > Export > Heredis File.
2. Identify the persons and types of data to be exported.
3. Click Export.
4. Name the new file and choose where the file should be saved.
Select the data to be exported
The options for the exported file in GEDCOM or Heredis format are identical. They concern the persons included in the file and the type of data considered.
Select the branches concerned
PC Export Heredis file
MAC Export Heredis file
1. Select branches from the export screen: All People – Ancestors – Descendants – Ancestors & Descendants.
2. Choose the number of generations of ancestors, of descendants, or both.
3. Specify the number of collaterals for the ancestor branches. Heredis goes back down the branch line for each direct ancestor to include them in the exported file.
- 0 = only direct ancestors are exported (with spouses).
- 1 = you export the direct ancestors with all their children and their spouses.
- 2 = you export the direct ancestors, their children and grandchildren, along with their spouses.
- 3 = you also add their great-grandchildren, etc.
Info • Remember to check who is the primary person displayed before making a branch export.
Select the persons to be included in an export file
1. Tick all the boxes to include all persons saved in the file.
2. To prevent the export of certain types of people, untick the appropriate boxes.
3. To export data partially, make your selection from the export screen.
Confidential Persons: you may export all the information of confidential persons, or their surname only, or their surname and given names. You can also export all people by hiding the data. The recipient of your file will only know that such a person in a given place in the line existed, without knowing any information about him/her.
Persons Born Less Than … Years Ago: select the number of years to be considered for export of contemporaries. Type a value or use the arrows to change the proposed value. To prevent the export of Persons Born Less Than … Years Ago specify the value and untick the box.
Info • It is possible to exclude a branch from the exported file. Declare the person at the base of this branch as Marked, then untick Marked Persons in the export screen.
Select the types of data for export
1. Tick the boxes to include the different types of data in the exported file.
2. If you want to include notes (person notes, family notes or event notes), specify the export format of the text depending on the software to be used by your recipient.
- Preserve Text Format (RTF)
- No Formatting (Plain Text).