Heredis 2014 & 2015: Problems with synchronization?https://help.heredis.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Heredis - Help Knowledge Base Heredis - Help Knowledge Base https://help.heredis.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
Heredis 2014 & 2015: Problems with synchronization?
You are unable to synchronize your genealogy?
The list of connected devices is empty?
- Check that the remote device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure you have installed the versions of Heredis which allow synchronization across all your devices (Heredis 2014 for Mac, Heredis 2014 for Windows)
- Check that you have in fact launched Heredis on the remote device.
The selected remote device remains awaiting connection?
- The establishment of the connection between the two devices can take time. Wait until you see the contents of the file on the other device or until Heredis tells you that the file has not been synchronized with the device you selected.
- If the status « Waiting for connection » remains displayed for several minutes, restart both computers.
A firewall or an anti-virus is blocking synchronization?
How to access Windows firewall
Display the Control Panel from the Start button.
- With XP: Double-click Windows Firewall and click the Exceptions tab.
- With Vista: Select Classic View and then double-click Windows Firewall. Then, click Allow a program through Windows Firewall.
- With W7: Select Large icons or Small icons. Click Windows Firewall. Then, click Allow a program through Windows Firewall.
- With W8: Click System and Security, then double-click on Windows Firewall. Then, click Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
How to unblock Heredis
- Click the Change Settings button.
- Locate Heredis in the list. Whether the box is ticked or not, select Heredis and click Remove to reset the process. Confirm the deletion.
- Click OK.
- Re-launch Heredis.
- The Windows Firewall will ask you whether to allow Heredis to communicate. Tick all permissions (public and private networks) and click the Allow access button.
If there are several computers, repeat the process on each device.
How to access the firewall of your antivirus
If another firewall, other that Windows firewall, is on your computer, you must also change the permissions for Heredis in this firewall.
- Run the antivirus (Avast, Norton, Bit Defender…).
- Search for setting options of the firewall of your antivirus. The titles of the options vary depending on the antivirus.
- Allow Heredis to connect to the network.
- Restart Heredis.
If there are several computers, repeat the process on each computer.